Had chicken breasts, wanted a marinade so came up with this.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chop your basil up small and mince your garlic (or use a garlic press).
- I cut my breasts in half lengthwise so they were not so thick. I wanted them to get the marinade more thoroughly and they are easier to grill when not so thick.
- Put the herbs and liquid ingredients into a gallon size ziplock.
- Add your chicken breasts, seal and squish around.
- Put in the refridgerator for at least 4 hours. I turned mine over about 3 times during that.
- Heat up your grill. Grill til browned on each side and done in the middle. Do NOT overcook or it will get tough.